Art

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

LIQUITEX MODELING PASTES - Create a Creative Sensation in Your Artwork
















Liquitex is the brand I have used exclusively when it comes to modeling passtes, since I began painting original abstracts and contemporary art. I have never switched because I am completely happy with this brand and had no desire to switch to a competitor, besides from what I have learned, The price and the quality of this product compared to similar, competitive alternatives is a solid value.

I started off with one of the smaller sizes of modeling pastes in the beginning but it was a few days before I was bringing home their largest size, an entire gallon! I was never regretful for purchasing such a excessive amount at once, because I feel it's always better to have what you need on hand in terms of art supplies, so if you want to use it, and for some reason you don't have enough, you could have missed out on that creative moment when you can really create something spectacular simply because of the timing and the mood at that moment.

This product is worth having in your art supply closet, if you love to create. It comes in three types and many sizes although I recommend the size I have which is "The Gallon." You can't go wrong for a little extra money and you will have a supply to last many, creations to come and not have to worry about running out.

For 3-D forms. This modeling paste Can be textured when wet, and carved when dry. You can use many creative objects to form unique shapes and designs while wet. It usually dries overnight, unless you have really thick areas, then it may take slightly longer.

They Make Standard Modeling Paste, but also a Light Modeling Paste — This lightweight, airy, flexible, thick, sculptural gel is specifically formulated to be used in applications where weight is a factor. If you use by itself, it will dry to a matte opaque white that can readily accept staining if desired.

It will not exhibit "mud cracking." It is often used with texture gels.

Flexible Modeling Paste is a matte, opaque mixture of marble dust and polymer emulsion that is used to build heavy textures and three-dimensional forms on flexible or rigid supports.

The photos I have shown are an example of the cool textures and designs you can incorporate by using Liquitex Modeling Paste. I know you are going to buy some? you could order right now using the link photo above and you could have it on your doorstep in a couple days!  come on and try it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment